The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) management has activated the portal where Direct Entry and UTME candidates can now check or confirm their admission status for all years. Checking of admission status on JAMB portal is totally FREE!
As a matter of fact, some universities/polytechnics/colleges may not even publish their admission list on their own portal or notice board on time. For candidates that applied for admission in such schools, the only way to know when they have been offered admission is to check their admission status on the JAMB Admission Status Checking Portal.
How to Check JAMB Admission Status
In case you don’t have an account with JAMB (especially candidates from 2016 downward), you will have to create one to check your admission status. RECOMMENDED: How to Create a JAMB Account.
If you already have a JAMB profile, jump to the five (5) simple steps outlined below on how to check your admission status on the JAMB Admission List portal:
- STEP 1: Go to the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) E-facility portal – portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility.
- STEP 2: Log in to your Jamb profile with your username and password.
- STEP 3: After a successful login, scroll down, then locate and click the ‘Check Admission Status‘ tab.
- STEP 4: Select your Exam year and supply your registration number in the required columns.
- STEP 5: Finally, click on the ‘Check Admission Status‘ button to access your JAMB admission status.
Below is the list of responses you will get from JAMB and their meaning:
- CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE BEEN OFFERED PROVISIONAL ADMISSION: you can now proceed to ACCEPT or Reject the admission offer. Consider the advice HERE.
- ADMISSION IN PROGRESS: this means you have been recommended for admission and only undergoing processing. With admission in progress, consider yourself admitted. Just keep checking back and see the notification change to congratulations you have been admitted.
- NOT ADMITTED: this response simply means you are yet to be considered for admission. Regularly check the JAMB site to see if any changes occur. However, you can also consider the advice available HERE.
Next Step for Candidates Admitted on JAMB Portal
Successfully admitted candidates are advised to:
- Login to their JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) and ACCEPT or REJECT their admission.
Recommended: How to Reject/Accept Your Admission on JAMB CAPS.
- Print their JAMB admission letter after accepting the admission. This will be needed during clearance and registration.
- Print their original JAMB result slip (this comes with passport photography affixed to it).
- Apply for a change of course on the JAMB Portal in case they are offered courses different from the ones they initially applied for.