The best ten (10) students in each of the subject areas of Sciences, Arts and Social Sciences in the SPS final examinations who also meet the University entry requirements are now given opportunities of admission into all courses in the University like Anatomy, Physiology, Doctor of Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Doctor of Ophthalmology, Veterinary Medicine, Nursing, Economics, Accounting, Banking and Finance, English Language etc., EXCEPT MB;BS and LAW, in addition to the underlisted courses offered at the SPS.
UNILORIN Remedial Programmes
++clcik on the image below for better view++
UNILORIN Remedial Admission Requirements
Category 1: Arts and Arts Education:
Applicants must pass five subjects at credit level at not more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE conducted by WAEC, NECO or NABTEB which should include the major subjects of study. Two of the five subjects must be from Arts while the other subjects may be from the Social Sciences. Note that credit grades in English Language and Mathematics are compulsory for eventual admission into any programme at the University of Ilorin.
Category 2: Agriculture, Engineering and Technology, Environmental Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Science Education, and Technology Education
Applicants must pass the following subjects at credit level: English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at NOT more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE conducted by WAEC, NECO or NABTEB
Specific requirements: The Faculty of Agriculture will accept credit grade in Agricultural Science in lieu of credit grade in Biology.
Category 3: Social Sciences
Applicants must pass the following subjects at credit level: English Language, Mathematics and three from Economics, Government, Geography and Commerce at NOT more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE conducted by WAEC, NECO or NABTEB.
Specific requirements: Department of Psychology requires credit grade in Biology at O’ level and candidates choosing the course must sit for Biology at UTME. The UTME Subjects’ combination for other Social Sciences courses are English, Economics, Government and anyone of Geography and Commerce.
UNILORIN Remedial Programme Eligibility, Venue, Duration & Specific Requirements:
The preliminary studies’ programme is primarily opened to applicants from the Catchment States of the University of Ilorin, (i.e. Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, Sokoto and Zamfara States). However, applicants from other states of the Federation are also given considerable opportunities.
Venue: The venue of the programme shall be at the School of Preliminary Studies, Fufu, Ilorin South Local Government Headquarters, Kwara State.
Duration: The programme is for the duration of two semesters (one academic session).
UNILORIN Remedial Programme General Conditions:
- Without prejudice to the admission requirements stated above, the Board of the School, in its policy thrust of inclusiveness in university education, has approved that applicants who have credit pass in minimum of three (3) O’ Level subjects may apply for the programme; PROVIDED that they MUST have registered for and obtained credit pass in the deficient subjects before being considered for admission into a degree programme.
- Candidates who want to study Engineering must obtain credit grades in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at O’level and sit for English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at UTME.
- Candidates MUST write the 2022 UTME with relevant subjects’ combination to any programme of choice and MUST obtain the minimum UTME cutoff point approved by the University.
- Consideration for admission into programmes shall be based on performance and quota for each programme.
- Students who pass the school’s end of the programme examinations but could not obtain the minimum JAMB/UTME cutoff point approved by the university can BANK the Remedial result for use the following year only; PROVIDED that the minimum JAMB/UTME cutoff point approved for the following year is obtained.
- Applicants are to note that the programme is residential.