Girl Kidnapped In Mayfair Fund Alive, Arrested Suspect, Charges

Girl Kidnapped In Mayfair Fund Alive

Last year, an 11 years old girl went missing and was kidnapped from outside of her school in Mayfair, Johannesburg. Since then, the police have been investigating the case and trying to find the girl, recently, three suspects have been arrested in Mozambique in relation to the girl’s kidnapping. The news of their arrests is making the headline everywhere. People are happy with the news and demanding justice for the girl.

The news of the missing girl broke out earlier on Wednesday. It was reported that an 11 years old girl named Maha Qassim went missing in November 2021. However, later, the girl was found unharmed. As per the sources, she was snatched outside the EP Baumann Primary School gates. It was noticed that the kidnappers have known her as they called her by her name. On Wednesday, a statement was issued by the police department that the missing girl, Maha Qassim had been found unharmed in a house in Devland, Soweto around midnight.

She was found by crime intelligence anti-kidnapping task team members who were assisted by the Johannesburg Flying Squad. Although, the suspects who were in that house “escaped from arrest”. But yet, the police department has confirmed that a 40 years old man was detained in Mozambique on December 31, 2021, and before him, two other people were also arrested in December. The other two people were identified as Ayanda Kekana, 50 years old, and Fortune Kambile Ndlovu, 36 years old.

Those two suspects appeared in the Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court on December 07, 2021, and their bail applications were denied by the judge. Now, they have to appear in court again on Friday. The male suspect who was arrested in Mozambique is due to be extradited to SA, along with this, the police said that Interpol was busy processing the extradition. However, the investigation has still been going on as the police believed that there are more people behind this kidnapping.

The girl is safe and at her home. If we look at her medical reports then it is mentioned there that she is perfectly fine with all health tests. Her parents received her from the police after receiving the call for which they were waiting for two months.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.