JB Parke Death: Father dies following ‘miracle’ baby birth

JB Parke Death – Cause of Death: Father dies following ‘miracle’ baby birth.

According to an online obituary, John Brinton (JB) Parke died on Thursday, December 2nd, 2021 following a courageous battle with cancer.

JB’s wife, Haley Parke on Sunday, December 5, shared the story of her son’s “miracle” birth on Facebook in what she tagged ‘the news that is the most joyous, but also the most somber’.

“On December 2nd, my husband Jb and I welcomed our second son, earth side. This boy entered the world in the most brave and magical way, with a very big miracle to fulfill in a short matter of time,” Haley wrote.

“My husband Jb was admitted Sunday to Hartford hospital with complications from his cancer. Wednesday, we received word that his 6 month prognosis was now turning into a matter of days. With our second son’s due date 3 weeks away, my husband and I knew asking for an induction was the right thing to do. Without hesitation, the team of ICU doctors communicated with the head of high risk labor and delivery doctors. They offered me an induction as soon as I was ready.

I kissed my sweet husband goodbye and told him to be strong and hold on for me and the baby – he said he would. We began the induction process Wednesday night with hopes of a quick labor and a vaginal birth. Those plans changed in an instant when a team of ICU doctors entered my room Thursday morning at 8am with the news that Jb was declining fast and had a matter of a few hours. It was either a c-section right at that moment, or Jb would not have the opportunity to meet our son.

With out a question in my mind, I said “Let’s go” and we did just that. In a matter of literally one minute, I was in the OR, and in just a short 20 minutes later, our son was born. He was given to me for a quick kiss, and then a team of doctors and nurses ran him up 2 floors, and he was placed on his daddy’s chest.

The miracle of all this? When our baby was placed on Jb’s chest, Jb’s vitals all instantly improved. He was also acknowledging our son was there by making small head movements and sweet moans.

After stitching me up, doctors and nurses made room for my bed to be wheeled in right next to my husband’s. Straight from the OR to ICU, I went. I spent my recovery time gazing at my husband. I was gazing at him in sadness, but in awe of his strength.

He took his last breaths with our son on his chest and my hand in his hand.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.