The management of Benue State University, Markudi has released a memo refuting claims by one Alabama Joshua Gwebe that the Vice-Chancellor had slapped him on the school campus today.
The management wishes to make the following clarifications:
- The Vice-Chancellor was not even aware of the presence of the said individual on campus.
- That the altercations the said student who looked like a near mad person had with the school security was even without the notice of the Vice-Chancellor.
- That the Vice-Chancellor was only briefed on the incident after the security had bundled the said student away from the car park of the Management staff of the university.
- That the university is with the collaboration of law enforcement agencies trying to find out the motive of the said student and what prompted his actions as we send in this report.
- The Vice-Chancellor was on a courtesy call at the time the purported incident took place and has been attending meetings that were earlier slated for today.
- That the Vice-Chancellor will under no level of provocation physically engage anyone as it has never been characteristic of his character, person or position.
The general public is hereby advised to discountenance the said post as the imagination of the writer and nothing near the truth. The University frowns at the intended embarrassment the author of the post wishes to bring to the reputation of the Vice-Chancellor and BSU in general.