Federal University, Otuoke (FUOTUOKE) has announced the release of their postgraduate admission form for 2022/2023 academic session, also sales of admission form has commenced with immediate effect.
FUOTUOKE Postgraduate Admission General Entry Requirements
Candidates for admission into any postgraduate programme of the University must:
- Have obtained 5 credits at not more than two sittings in WASC or GCE or NECO or NABTEB including the English Language.
- Candidates shall also possess the minimum entry requirements for admission into the first degree and postgraduate programmes in their areas of interest for postgraduate studies.
- Candidate must be graduates of the University of Nigeria or other recognized Universities that possess the above qualifications.
- For the PGD in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Architecture, only candidates with University degrees in relevant areas need to apply.
- An applicant for admission to a PGD Programmes shall be a graduate of Federal University Otuoke, or any other approved University with at least a Second Class Honours Degree or Third Class in the related Discipline. For HND holders a minimum of Lower Credit is acceptable in the relevant Departments.
Master’s Degree Programmes:
- An applicant for admission to a Masters Degree Programme shall be a graduate of Federal University, Otuoke, or any other approved university with not less than Second Lass (lower Division).
Master’s of Philosophy Degree Programmes:
An applicant for admission to the Master of Philosophy Degree Programmes shall be:
- A graduate of Federal University, Otuoke, or any other approved university who possesses a First Degree and Master Degree in an area relevant to his course of study.
Doctor of Philosophy Degree Programmes:
An applicant for admission to the Ph.D. Degree programme shall be:
- A graduate of Federal University, Otuoke, or any other approved university who possesses a Master Degree with research thesis and a weighted coursework average which shall normally not less than CGPA of 3.5.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE:
- In addition to the admission requirements as published, All Candidates should kindly note that in accordance with the University regulations, they must satisfy the O’Level requirements for matriculation into first degree programmes of Federal University, Otuoke, i.e. Five Credit passes in relevant subjects at not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics (where required).
Duration of FUOTUOKE Postgraduate Programmes
- PGD. Degree Programmes
- PGD. Degree by Coursework– 2 Semesters
- Master’s Degree Programmes
- Master’s Degree by Coursework and Research Thesis – 3 Semesters
- M.Phil. Degree Programmes
- M.Phil. Degree by Coursework and Research Thesis – 4 Semesters
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD.) Degree Programmes
- Minimum Duration – 6 Semesters
How to Apply for FUOTUOKE Postgraduate Admission Form
Candidates can conveniently complete the application form and pay by taking the following steps:
- Logon to https://ecampus.fuotuoke.edu.ng/
- Click on the APPLICATIONS then on POST-GRADUATE.
- Click on BUY PIN to purchase the Application PIN.
- Enter your Name, email and Phone Number and then CLICK on PAY USING REMITA and continue with payment.
- A transaction success page containing your Application PIN for all successful payments will be shown on your screen also an email containing your Application PIN will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Use the Application PIN to START APPLICATION, fill out all forms appropriately and make all compulsory uploads (as listed below).
- Passport Photograph
- First Sitting O’level
- Second Sitting O’level Result (where applicable)
- Birth Certificate/Age Declaration
- LGA Identification Letter
- First Degree Certificate
- Masters Degree Certificate (where applicable)
- Submit your application and print out your application summary page.
Forward duplicate copies of the summary page and photocopies of documents listed below:
- University Degree Certificate(s)
- NYSC Discharge Certificate/Exemption Certificate
- O’Level Certificate (WAEC/NECO)
- Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age
- LGA Identification Letter
- A research proposal of not more than 3 pages and not more than 5 pages for Master’s and PhD students respectively.
- The original transcript obtained from the Applicant’s University plus duly completed downloaded Federal University Otuoke, School of Postgraduate Studies Transcript Label ()-() must be properly addressed to:
School of Postgraduate Studies
Federal University, Otuoke
- Application processing fee for all programmes cost N15,000.00 (Fifteen thousand naira only)
- The progress of completed application forms can be monitored on the application portal online and notification will be sent to applicants once decisions are taken on the applications.
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by e-mail.
All applicants should note that they will be bound by all the Regulations Governing School of Postgraduate Studies at the Federal University Otuoke, if their applications are successful.
- For additional information, visit the School of Postgraduate Studies at the Federal University Otuoke, website at: fuotuoke.edu.ng
- Sponsors such as Employment Agencies, Ministries, Corporations, Parastatals and Foreign Missions should advise their candidates to
apply personally for application forms. Multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of all applications forwarded.
- Any candidate, who applies for admission to another postgraduate programme without disclosure on the application form or without
Senate approval of withdrawal from the initial programme will automatically forfeit his/her studentship under the existing University Regulations.
- Applications without Transcripts will not be considered.
CLOSING DATE: The sale and submission of completed Application Forms with all necessary enclosures will terminate on Friday, January 28, 2022.
- Any applicant whose original transcript does not reach the School of Postgraduate Studies at the Federal University, Otuoke, before the
admission exercise begins will not be admitted.
- Successful candidates will receive their letters of admission through the e-mail addresses supplied.