NIJ Courses and Requirement | See full list of Courses Offered in Nigerian Institute of Journalism for undergraduate programme
The Nigerian Institute of Journalism New accredited Courses, in Addition with the Full list of Courses Requirements of Nigerian Institute of Journalism, All Aspirants are to bear in mind that all New courses offered in Nigerian Institute of Journalism are all approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) of Nigeria, that stand as a keystone to promote quality higher education in Nigeria.
NIJ New accredited Courses
The Main purpose of Articles is to bring to pass the Nigerian Institute of Journalism New accredited Courses and the Requirements that are associated to Full list of Courses Offered Nigerian Institute of Journalism —As we said Earlier that all Courses offered in the Nigerian Institute of Journalism are all Approved by NUC which means that the National Universities Commission of Nigeria that stand as a keystone to promote quality higher education in Nigeria
DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNICATION STUDIES
Programmes available are:
- ND Mass Communication (Full Time and Part Time)
- HND Mass Communication (Full Time and Part Time)
DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL STUDIES
This is a service department. Courses available include Political Science, Sociology, Psycology, Economics, English, French, History, Philosophy, General Science, Login etc.
POST GRADUATES DIPLOMA PROGRAMME DEPARTMENT
The institution runs a Post-graduate Diploma Programme to train those who are not Mass Communication/Journalism graduates and give them the opportunity to come into the profession and practice effectively.
Available courses for Post-graduate programme are:
- Journalism (Print and Broadcast options)
- Public Relations and Advertising
Both sequences are run on Full-time and Part-time basis as follow:
- Full-time – Two Semesters
- Part-tim – Three Semesters
A prospective candidate must have at least a Degree or Higher National Diploma from a recongnised institution. Evidence of participation in the compulsory National Service or Exemption from the scheme is required.
SPECIAL PROGRAMMES DEPARTMENT
The institution contribute to manpower development in the country by embarking on short-term programmes in Mass Communication and Allied Fields.
The department also organize workshops and seminars for public and corporate organizations based on their specific demands or on themes designed and developed by the department.
If necessary, the department does into collaboration with Government or Professional bodies to design, develop and execute programmes. At present, the department runs two short-term/weekend Programmes, which are:
- Proficiency Certificate in Photojournalism (PCPJ)
- Cerificate Course in Writing and Communication
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and mathematics at GCE O’Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents at not more than 2 sittings.
- Candidates with Teachers Grade II (TC II) with passes at credit or merit levels in conjunction with credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents may be considered. No subject may be counted at both TC II and GCE O/Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents.
- The candidate must make at least 200 pass mark in JAMB to qualify for internal screening by the Nigerian Institute of Journalism.
Are you Interested to know more About Nigerian Institute of Journalism News then Bookmark This Page Or Drop your Email Address with us, we will give you Latest feed About Nigerian Institute of Journalism.