Paul Mitchell Death – It is with deep sadness that the Board wishes to advise of the unfortunate passing of long-time Club Member, Director and Life Member Paul Mitchell. After a battle with cancer Paul passed away on 27th September 2022.
Obituary News: Paul Mitchell, Warragul Country Club Director and Life Member is Dead
Paul was well known in the Gippsland community and established many friendships through his work at the Commonwealth Employment Service and later Gippsland Group Training.
Paul was a 30 Year Member of the Club since 1993, a passionate golfer and a great Club volunteer in many ways. He boasts an impressive record of service to the Club and served in many official positions including:
• 14 years as a Director of Warragul Country Club
• 14 years as WCC Board representative to the Men’s Golf Committee and more recently Women’s Golf Committee
• 20 years as Committee Member of the Men’s Golf Committee
• 19 years as Secretary of the Men’s Golf Committee
Paul was truly committed to representing the interests of all Golf & Social Members and he did this in a considered and caring way for two decades. During his time with the Golf Committee and Board he has contributed to the development of the Country Club across many aspects such as:
• Major alterations/extensions to the Clubhouse
• Golf Course development
• Fairway improvements
• Assistance in staff development/training
• Forward planning, including development of 5-year strategies for course development/building improvements/and financial stability
• His significant role in staff recruitment in the area of apprentices for the Club and their training
Paul’s commitment to service and devotion to the Club was profound and was ultimately recognised by the Club when he was elected as a Life Member in 2021. Paul was an outstanding Member of this Club, and it is Members like Paul that make this Club the great Club that it is. He will be sadly missed by all.
The Club extends its heartfelt condolences to Dianne, Anna, Jill and all the Mitchell family.